Tuesday 6 July 2010

For the longest time,.......

For the longest time I worried about who you'd be.
I hoped and prayed you'd be a lot more than me.
Now here you are and it's plain to see,
That forever more it'll always be just you and me.

For the longest time I wondered just what you'll be.
The mistakes I've made I'll hope you'll never see.
Now here you are with a whole life too see,
That forever more, I hope your dreams you'll set them all free.

For the longest time I held my breath and cried.
I wondered if my love you'd always hold inside.
Now here I am holding your tiny hand
Forever, what may, side by side is where we'll always stand.

For the longest time I dreamed of holding you here with me.
Wrapped in my arms is were you're meant to be.
And now your here I can't believe I'll ever set you free.
Forever in a world in places I can not be.

For the longest time Daddys will always be,
The ones that worry about everyone you'll see.
But my promise to you from here to eternity,
A Daddys love you'll always have from me.

xxxx


© Dan Bruna and Daddy's Day Job. 2010.

2 comments:

  1. Quite beautiful Dan. So much so I wish that I had written it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Spencer - we're all big softies at heart!

    ReplyDelete